13. READ. LOOK. THINK.
The first READ.LOOK.THINK of 2012.
- On the jumper of sadness | Jean Hannah Edelstein
- Physics, miracles, and witchcraft: 50 years of “A Wrinkle in Time.”
- “If I stop believing, I know I won’t have a book at the end of this.” The Revision Chronicles.
- Natalie Smith’s new blog, magic surrounds.
- How to write a book | Meg Rosoff
- An old obituary of Australian artist Rosalie Gascoigne, who began her artistic career age 58 | The Independent
- Lady into Fox, a short story by David Garnett
- “Hello, I Love You” or “Why Fashion Blogging Smells Like Raw Fish” | Hipster Musings?
- “…fortunately, my husband likes grey hair. He’s ninety-seven.” Iris Apfel | Into The Gloss
- The Powerpoint chapter from Jennifer Egan’s A Visit from the Good Squad is on Slideshare.
- Reckless (1983) by Australian Crawl. We sang this about five times a day in Sydney. “As the Manly ferry…”
- Patti Smith cries at First Aid Kit’s version of Dancing Barefoot
- Patti Smith sings to her cat.
- Chris Kelly’s Columbia School Portraits, 1996. “My name is Jamal. I go to Columbia School and I am eight years old. I enjoy reading and art and the new book bags. I am special because there are no other people like me.” | Spitalfields Life
- One morning last week | the blue hour
- The light up there | youngna park
- What should medicine do when it can’t save your life? And: How doctors die.
- When you are poor, you substitute time for money and it costs you a lot | blue milk
- The medium chill (revisited this article that had an effect on me last year) | Grist
- Why goals don’t bring satisfaction.
- My wrap up of the week’s top strategy + creativity + marketing reads on Nextness.